About six times a year at Antioch we have “Family Worship Days”, where we have no classes for kids K and up. One of the best things to come out of this is the conversations that happen around the lunch table after church so here are some tips to help make those conversations meaningful:
8 Tips for Talking to your Kids about the Sermon by Joe Holland
- Remember the outline.
- Know the one, main point.
- How is Jesus the hero?
- Engage your kids with open ended questions.
- Make sure the gospel is clear.
- Be the first to pray and confess.
- Chase rabbit trails.
- Remember the first two rules.