My heart has been heavy lately for friends who have experienced pain and loss. As I pray and talk with them it has driven me to ask the question, “What is the purpose behind it all?”.
Here are some things that God impressed on my heart as I thought about pain and loss.
Loss/Pain reminds us . . .
- Not to put our roots too deep here on earth. – John 18:36/Romans 8:23/2 Corinthians 4:16,17
- Faith in Christ matters. – I Peter 1:6,7
- Of the Gospel (Death/Burial/Resurrection of Christ). – 2 Corinthians 4:7-12
- Of the hope we have in Christ. – Romans 5:3-5
- of our need for the Holy Spirit. – Romans 8:26
- that we need each other. – 2 Corinthians 1:1-7