“My child would never do . . . He was raised better than that.”
This statement coud not be farther from the truth. Yet as a parent I really believe it to be true which reveals the blind spots that I have in my parenting.
Josh Harris reposted this great article on blinds spots that we can have in our parenting.
The seven blind spots are . . .
1. Having Self-Centered Dreams
2. Raising Family as an Idol
3. Emphasizing Outward Form
4. Tending to Judge
5. Depending on Formulas
6. Over-Dependence on Authority and Control.
7. Over-Reliance Upon Sheltering
8. Not Passing On a Pure Faith
9. Not Cultivating a Loving Relationship With Our Children
Read full article here.
Which one is your blind spot?