Having spoke on Colossians 3:18 on Sunday, I thought these would help clarify even more the idea of submission. Remember these are misconceptions about submission:
1. Submission is universal—the directive applies to all women, even those outside of the faith community.
2. Submission is gender-exclusive—it’s just for women.
3. Submission is generic—every woman submits to every man.
4. Submission is a right—a husband has the right to demand his wife’s submission.
5. Submission is indiscriminate—it means mindless acquiescence.
6. Submission precludes mutuality—it creates lopsided, one-way relationships.
7. Submission promotes abuse—it encourages husbands to be domineering, self-centered boors.
Read full article here.