On Sunday our Pastor began taking our church through the book of Mark. As I was reading through chapter one, I was struck by the two mentions of demons (Mark 1:23-26 and 1:34).
My observations from these verses are . . .
1. The demons know who Jesus is. 24
2. They fear Him. 24
3. Jesus has power over them. 26/34
Now . . .
most of us don’t struggle with demon possession but we do have things from our past or present that are tormenting us like demons – decisions we have made, paths we went down, words we wish we could take back.
Know this about the things that are tormenting you . . .
1. Know who Jesus is – The Redeemer/The Healer/The Restorer.
2. Know the Gospel – Because of the Gospel the things tormenting you can only have as much control in your life as you allow them.
3. Know His Power – Jesus has power to release the grip of the present or past through His death/burial/resurrection.
Remember these words: “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” – I John 4:4