Here are some practical ways for men to lead their family by Mark Driscoll.
Mark gives eleven ways, but I chose the five most challenging to me.
1. Buy good Christian books for everyone in your family to read. Include Christian biographies among those books.
2. Choose good books that you and your wife can be reading together, including books of the Bible, and discuss what you are learning.
3. Have dinner together with your family most nights, and use that time to pray together, keep a journal log of prayer requests for other people, and read a portion of the Bible and talk about it together.
4. Pray for each member of your family every day and let them know you are praying for them.
5. Place a hand on the head of each of your children every day and pray over them. Then kiss them on the head and make sure they often get a loving hug.
You can read them all here.