How to be a Man at Home by Brian Howard
1. Don’t come home from work and turn on the TV.
Evenings are Prime Time for husbands and fathers to be completely present to our families. Don’t let the remote control dominate your family.
2. Be careful with the time demands of hobbies.
To be a strong man at home, you have to say no to most things in order to focus on what is truly important.
3. Talk about spiritual things continually with your family.
Deuteronomy 6:7 teaches parents to teach their kids spiritual truths. “You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” (ESV)
4. Be fully present when you are at home.
Put down your iPhone, make eye contact, ask questions, listen, and be emotionally present. You are the only person that can do this for your family.
5. Be the chief servant to your family.
I attempt to model Christlike service but putting my wife before me and serving my children before me.
Read full article here.